I was looking for something that would be both light and easy for dinner and this absolutely fit the bill. It lands itself squarely in the category of easy work night meal because the whole thing takes about 20 minutes to throw together.
Throw the chicken into a pan with the spices and then stick them in the oven. While it cooks you put together a salad and then you’re ready to eat. Easy-peasy. Only, no peas.
Thyme and Oregano Chicken with Salad
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches salt
- 4 grinds black pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ lemon juice
- 1.5 Romaine lettuce hearts
- 6 artichoke hearts, chopped
- 9 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1/2 tsp salad dressing spices
- Extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Put the chicken in a shallow baking dish and drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with spices and lemon juice.
- Bake the chicken for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl toss together the vegetables and sprinkle with the salad dressing spices and then with the oil and vinegar.
- You can serve the chicken next to or on top of the salad.
Cooking time (duration): 20
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dinner